– 2 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
– 3/4 cup granulated sugar
– 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 2 large eggs
– 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
– 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar on medium speed until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the vanilla extract and eggs and beat until combined.
4. With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Add the chocolate chips and walnuts (if using) and mix until evenly distributed.
5. Scoop tablespoon-sized balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are lightly golden. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!